Perfect for educators or parents wishing to teach kids about different cultures, this new book in the Tuttle "All About Asia" series includes favorite games, foods, special holiday times and after-school activities unique to Korea. All About Korea
is a fun-filled journey to a new place.
- Learn how to play the exciting Korean see-saw game with a friend; hot to sing "Happy Birthday" in Korean, and how kids say "hello!"
- Other activities include making a White Tiger puppet, playing jegi (Korean hacky-sack) and singing "Arirang," Korea's most beloved song.
- Enjoy the traditional stories "Taming a Tiger" and "Two Foolish Green Frogs."
- Easy recipes are included for delicious treats like kimbap (roll-your-own wraps) and songpyeon (sweet filled rice cakes).
- Bonus activities available online!
Ann Martin Bowler worked as an educator for many years and now writes full time. She has visited Korea with her family many times and travels widely in Asia. Her two youngest children were adopted from Korea. She is also the author of Gecko's Complaint and Adventures of the Treasure Fleet. www.AnnMartinBowler.net
Soosoonam Barg was born in Seoul, Korea, and teaches art and tapestry weaving at schools and her studio in New Jersey, as well as at schools in Korea. She was presented with The Scholastic Arts & Writing award in recognition for being an outstanding educator, and has been profiled by the New York Times for her artwork. www.soyooart.com