Thank you for your interest in Tuttle Publishing! Tuttle has been a leader in publishing books on all aspects of Asia for over 70 years now. We publish books in many different categories which you may view by browsing our website. We work with hundreds of talented authors, illustrators, photographers and designers all around the world and we are always happy to receive new book proposals.
Tuttle works closely with each author to successfully publish their work. Our editorial, sales and marketing team is available to guide you every step of the way and we offer a hands-on approach from start to finish. We have an exceptionally strong sales and marketing network which ensures that your book will be available in bookstores and online sales channels in every country of the globe including within Asia itself. Because we have specialized expertise and are well-known for publishing books on Asia-related topics, we are generally the first choice of most authors in this field.
We welcome unsolicited submissions from authors directly as well as through literary agents.
- We prefer to receive submissions digitally. (See below for details).
- Please allow up to three months for us to review your proposal.
- Please review the category sections of our website to determine if your book is a good fit for Tuttle.
To submit a book proposal, please send us the following:
- A cover letter describing the work as a whole, including pertinent information about your expertise and why you chose to submit the proposal to us
- An annotated table of contents and chapter outline with a brief description of each chapter and an approximate word count for each chapter
- One or two sample chapters to give us a sense of your writing style.
- A brief resumé and summary of your experience and published writings
- A description of the target readership for your book — who is it aimed at?
- A list of similar, related or competing books which inspired you or which you feel are read by the same audience and readers who will read your book
- If you are sending us materials by mail, please note that you must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage if you want the materials to be returned. Without postage, we will not return your materials.
Include your address and contact information including a phone number and e-mail address. Please address your submissions to:
364 Innovation Drive
North Clarendon, VT 05759
*Please use a file sending service when sending digital files above 10MB in size
**Tuttle is not responsible for loss or damage to any materials you submit. We will only return physical materials if you include a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient return postage. Please send duplicate copies only—do not send any original materials of any kind, especially artworks.