Tuttle Publishing is seeking a full-time Book Editor in our North Clarendon, Vermont Office. Tuttle publishes about 125 titles each year with a strong focus on Asian-related themes and subjects, from Asian language learning, art and literature to children’s books, history, cooking, crafts, martial arts and travel.
- Editing and supervision of book projects from signing of contracts to bound books.
- Manage freelancers to maintain editorial schedule.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing Departments.
- Present titles at internal editorial and sales meetings.
- Acquire new titles.
- Three years of book editing experience.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Strong time management, communication and organizational skills.
- Solid copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
About the Company:
Tuttle Publishing is a leading publisher of books about Asia. The company was founded in 1948 in Tokyo, Japan and now has offices in Tokyo, Jakarta, Singapore, and North Clarendon, Vermont. Tuttle is a market leader in book categories ranging from Asian arts and crafts to language learning (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Tagalog, Hindi and others), martial arts, origami, architecture, design, gardening, travel, Asian literature, cooking, history and multi-cultural Asian children's books. We specialize in highly informative books—many of them beautifully illustrated—which help promote a greater understanding of Asia. We have an extensive backlist and publish approximately 150 new titles each year working with authors, photographers, illustrators and designers around the world. Please visit our website at www.tuttlepublishing.com.