Every traveler heading to Indonesia should bring along a copy of Tim Hannigan's Essential Indonesian Phrasebook and Dictionary!
This popular, dynamically illustrated volume presents all the practical everyday phrases and words visitors need when exploring this fascinating country. Hannigan, a travel journalist and award-winning author, has updated his popular guide with 20 percent new content. Packed with over 1,500 useful phrases, this book provides:
- Essential Indonesian expressions enabling you to initiate conversations and to ask and answer simple questions
- A pronunciation guide and grammar notes explaining the basic sounds and sentence patterns of the language
- New manga illustrations providing visual cues for using the phrases in their appropriate contexts
- Vocabulary for technology, WiFi, smartphones and social media
- An easy-to-use English-Indonesian dictionary with over 2,000 terms and expressions
- Travel tips, cultural and etiquette notes for avoiding social blunders!
Whether you're a total beginner or already have some experience with the Indonesian language, this is a reference you'll turn to again and again!About the Author:Tim Hannigan's
first book Murder in the Hindu Kush
was shortlisted for the Boardman-Tasker Prize. His second book Raffles and the British Invasion of Java
won the 2013 John Brooks Award. His features and travel articles appear regularly in newspapers and magazines in Indonesia and beyond. He has also authored A Brief History of Indonesia
and Making Out in Indonesian
and edited A Brief History of Bali