Thank you for your interest in Tuttle Publishing! Tuttle is regarded as the premier publisher and seller of books rooted in Asian culture. We span many diverse categories and topics and are always in search of talent to become part of our elite team.
Since 1948, Tuttle has been a leader in the field of Asian cultures, Language and Martial Arts. Today, we currently have a backlist of over 6,000 titles and publish 150 new titles per year. We publish not only our traditional titles but have expanded our categories to include: Advanced Language Learning Tools, Textbooks, Art & Design, Craft Books & Kits, Cookbooks, Religion and Philosophy, Children’s and much more.
Tuttle works closely with each individual author to develop a roadmap for success. Our editorial, sales, and marketing staff are available to guide you each step of the way. We offer a hands-on approach from start to finish and beyond. You will have access to state-of- the art marketing tools, public relations counsel and an advisor to assist you in leveraging your sales channels.
Tuttle is a part of the Periplus publishing family and we welcome new proposals for publication under the Tuttle and Periplus Imprints. We accept submissions from literary agents and authors directly.
- Tuttle accepts submissions by mail or e-mail. In the interest of environmental responsibility, we prefer digital submissions. (See below for more detail on where to send).
- Please allow three months for the editors to review a proposal.
- Please review the category section of our site carefully to help determine if your submission is a fit for Tuttle
If you wish to submit a project for consideration for publication, please send a complete book proposal consisting of:
- A cover letter describing the work as a whole, including any and all pertinent information about your project and why you chose to submit to us
- An annotated table of contents.
- One or two sample chapters that give a sense of the project's scope and your writing style.
- A description of the target audience for your project.
- Information about similar, related, and/or competing titles.
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage for the return of your materials. Without postage, we will not return your materials.
Include your return address, and other contact information, including phone, fax, and/or e-mail. Please address all submissions to:
364 Innovation Drive
North Clarendon, VT 05759
*Please note, to send data files/images over 10MB, please use a file sharing service or contact us for additional instructions.
*Tuttle is not responsible for loss or damage to material you submit, and we will only return material if you include a self-addressed envelope with the appropriate postage. Please send us duplicate copies only: do not send original copies of any kind, especially artwork.