*Winner of the Moonbeam Children's Book Award*Embark on an exciting manga pop-up adventure through Tokyo--the world's largest city!
Follow Chico, a young American boy, and his mischievous cat Neko as they navigate the streets and famous sights of Tokyo. On arriving in Tokyo, while visiting the city's famous Senso-ji Temple, Chico nods off due to jetlag. Neko gets bored and decides to go sightseeing on her own. Then, the race is on--as a panicked Chico chases his cat across the city! In the process, they pass through Tokyo's most iconic landmarks, each with its own interactive and manga pop-up fun:
- POP-UP Senso-ji in Asakusa--Tokyo's ancient Buddhist temple, where the adventure begins.
- POP-UP A rousing Sumo match still in progress.
- POP-UP Bustling Shinjuku Station, where riders get stuffed into subway cars by professional "pushers."
- POP-UP Tokyo Skytree tower, the tallest structure in Japan, where poor Neko has a very close call!
- The base of iconic Mt. Fuji, where the adventure has a happy conclusion!
Educational and entertaining in equal measure, this delightful manga pop-up book will be treasured by young and old readers alike. It makes a fantastic gift or carry-on for anyone planning a visit to Japan.About the Author:Sam Ita
studied graphic design at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn before following his passion for paper engineering. He draws inspiration from comics, origami, and machines, applying his craft to publishing, advertising, animation, display, and toy design. His pop-up book creations include Christmas Tree In-a-Box, The Odyssey, Moby Dick,
and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Frankenstein
and his origami kits include Flying Dragons Paper Airplanes
and Next Generation Airplanes Kit