A fun and helpful resource for anyone interested in learning Arabic--whether you're 5 or 100!
This illustrated dictionary presents the 1,500 most useful Arabic words and sentences that beginning learners need to know. The vocabulary is organized into 38 thematic sections. Each section presents 25-35 words and 5-8 sentences demonstrating their usage. Every word and sentence is given in the Arabic script along with a Romanized equivalent to help you pronounce it correctly--along with the English meaning.
Richly illustrated with over 700 color photographs, this useful language tool includes an introduction to the Arabic script and pronunciation as well as an English-Arabic index for quick reference. Free online recordings by native Arabic speakers are available for all the vocabulary and sentences, so students can learn their correct pronunciation!This colorful picture dictionary includes:
Arabic Picture Dictionary
- Hundreds of color photographs
- 1,500 Arabic words and phrases
- 38 different topics--from social media and WiFi to paying and counting
- Example sentences showing how the words are used
- Companion online audio recordings by native Arabic speakers of all the vocabulary and sentences
- An introduction to Arabic pronunciation and grammar
- An index to allow you to quickly look up words
makes language learning more fun than traditional phrasebooks. This resource is perfect for beginners of all ages--curious kids, visual learners and future travelers.About the Author:Islam Farag
is an instructor of Arabic at University of Pittsburgh. He has been designing curricula and teaching Arabic as foreign language for eight years at different US universities. He holds a master's degree in English, TESOL concentration, from Missouri State University and currently a PhD candidate in Composition and Applied Linguistics at Indiana University of Pennsylvania.