Prepare the exciting and flavorful cuisine of the American Southwest with this easy-to-follow Santa Fe cookbook.
Nestled at the foot of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Santa Fe has the spirit of the Native American, Spanish, Mexican and Anglo-American settlers who built it--and an exciting cuisine to match. Some of today's hottest Santa Fe chefs are incorporating the region's staple ingredients--rice, beans, squash and chiles--into mouthwatering new tex-mex dishes. Authentic Southwestern recipes include:
Authentic Recipes from Santa Fe
- Mexican Corn Chowder from The Pink Adobe Restaurant
- Carne Adovada from Marie's New Mexican Kitchen
- Rack of Lamb with Heirloom Bean Ragout from Santecafe
- Orange-marinated Chicken Fajitas from Santa Fe School of Cooking
- Red Corn Rubbed Chicken from Inn of the Anasazi
- Chilean Sea Bass Napoleon from La Casa Sena
- Taco-nolis from Cafe Pasqual's
offers the best of Southwest cooking, New Mexico's traditional dishes, and a sampling of today's cooking innovations. Introductory essays provide the historical and geographical context of the cuisine, and glossaries of unusual ingredients, along with illustrated how-to sections, are included.About the Author:Dave DeWitt
is one of the foremost experts in the world on chile peppers and fiery foods. Publisher and editor of Fiery Foods Magazine, DeWitt has also written several books on spicy subjects. He lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Writer, editor, registered dietician and food consultant Nancy Gerlach
is a nationally recognized authority on chiles and New Mexican cuisine. Her articles have appeared in newspapers and national magazines, and she has authored ten books, eight of them with Dave DeWitt.