Essential Japanese Phrase Book & Dictionary
teaches you the practical phrases and expressions needed for common, everyday interactions in Japan in a clear, concise, accessible and enjoyable way. Key features of this Japanese phrasebook and dictionary include:
- Over 1,500 practical phrases for everyday use
- An English to Japanese dictionary with over 2,000 terms and expressions
- Essential expressions used for meeting people, starting conversations, and asking and replying to simple questions
- Manga illustrations to illustrate critical phrases and situations
- A pronunciation guide and Japanese grammar notes explain the basic sounds and sentence patterns of the Japanese language
- The latest Japanese vocabulary and phrases for smartphones, social media and more
- Japan travel tips, cultural notes and much more!
All words and phrases are in Romanized form as well as the Japanese script. Basic Japanese grammar and pronunciation notes get you speaking right away, and tips on culture and etiquette allow you to interact in Japanese without making serious blunders.
Whether you're a novice or have some experience with the language, this is a reference you'll turn to again and again when visiting Japan and interacting with Japanese people.About the Author:Tuttle Studio
draws inspiration from the modern and traditional cultures of Asia to create its language workbooks and resources, journals, stationery, gift wrapping products and origami paper. It is a division of Tuttle Publishing, a leading publisher of books on the languages, history, art and cultures of Asia. The company was founded in 1832 in Rutland, Vermont (USA) and opened a branch in Tokyo, Japan in 1948.