Get your karate training off to a great start--from basic footwork and strikes to training and demonstrations. This martial arts guide is a perfect introduction to karate for beginners.
Are you planning to learn Karate, but don't know where to begin? Are you looking for a teacher? Are you taking a class but confused by the technical terms used to describe the punches? Karate Basics
teaches you all the fundamentals of this ancient martial art form in a clear and easy-to-understand manner! This karate book contains the following vital information:
- The origins of Karate--its philosophy, history, and different schools
- How to find a teacher and a class that are right for you
- Getting ready for your first class--what actually happens in a Karate class?
- The essential elements--stances, blocks, thrusts, strikes, punches, and kicks
- How to complement your Karate training with sparring drills and kata
- Effective ways to succeed in Karate--how to create a training program, test for belt promotion, and an overview of competitions and tournaments
- Resources to help you develop your knowledge and understanding of Karate
Whether you're just getting started, or have already been training for a year or two, Karate Basics
offers an easy, yet comprehensive introduction to the sport that will make you feel more confident.About the Author:Robin Rielly
holds a seventh-degree black belt in Shotokan Karate from the International Shotokan Karate Federation (ISKF) and a second-degree black belt in Shin Kage Ryu Jujutsu from the Kobukan School in Yokohama, Japan. A graduate of the (ISKF) Instructors' Training Institute, he is qualified as an official instructor, examiner, and tournament judge. He is the author of Complete Shotokan Karate, Secrets of Shotokan Karate
, and Japan's Complete Fighting System: Shin Kage Ryu.