Taekwondo Basics teaches you all the fundamentals of this Korean martial art form in a clear and easy-to-understand manner!
This basic introductory survey contains the following vital information:
- The origins, philosophy, and history of Taekwondo
- How to find a teacher and a class that are right for you
- Getting ready for your first class--what actually happens in a Taekwondo class?
- The essential elements--stances, blocks, hand and arm strikes, and kicks
- How to complement your Taekwondo training with other conditioning exercises, such as running and biking
- Powerful ways to improve your technique through target training, partner training, competitive training, free-sparring, and more
- Resources that can help you further develop your Taekwondo practice
Whether you're just getting started, or you've already been training for a year or two, Taekwondo Basics
offers an easy to read, yet comprehensive, introduction to the sport.About the Author:Scott Shaw
is one of the world's most prolific proponents of the Korean martial arts. He began training in Hapkido and Taekwondo as a young boy and today holds master instructor certifications in both. He is a frequently published contributor to martial arts magazines and has authored a number of books, including Hapkido: Korean Art of Self-Defense