Adored for their charming shapes and colors, respected for their resilience and adaptability, and just plain fun to have around--succulents are the hottest home gardening trend today. A Beginner's Guide to Succulent Gardening is a friendly guide to popular succulents, walking novices through all the basics, like:
- Choosing your succulents--from Hens and Chicks (Echeveria) to bristly flowering cactus varieties
- Mixing the right soils for your succulents and preparing the growing environment
- Easy potting and transplanting techniques
- Succulent care--including watering, fertilizing and providing the right amount of sun for each variety
- Understanding peak periods as well as seasonal traits and needs, so you can have a beautiful succulent garden year-round
This book contains all sorts of helpful tips on what to look for when buying a plant, how to troubleshoot when your succulent shows signs of distress, how to trim the leaves and stems, and how to start new plants from cuttings. Clear diagrams and at-a-glance fact sheets for each variety, as well as inspirational photos of attractively and happily-housed succulents, fill the pages of this book.
Now is the time to give succulents a try! Let A Beginner's Guide to Succulent Gardening
be your guide to get you started and grow your indoor garden one succulent at a time.About the Author:Taku Furuya
is a graphic designer, illustrator and photographer who fell in love with succulents and cacti at an early age. He is an experienced succulents gardener who has performed selective breeding with seeds he has collected, cultivated and crossbred. He is also a frequent visitor to the Americas, where he photographs succulents in their natural habitats.