Essential Thai Phrasebook & Dictionary
presents the practical language of everyday interactions, conveyed in a way that's clear, concise, accessible and enjoyable. It includes the simple sentences used when meeting people, starting conversations, and asking and replying to questions, as well as a basic grammar and pronunciation guide to help you start speaking Thai right away.
Terms and phrases covering mobile phones, wireless, and social media help you make the most of the language. In addition, sentences on the essentials of travel help visitors navigate the basics of arranging accommodations, dining out, dealing with transportation and emergencies, and more.Essential Thai Phrasebook & Dictionary includes:
In this book you'll find:
- Over 1,500 essential sentences for everyday use
- A glossary containing over 2,000 terms and expressions
- A handy format for finding the information you need quickly and easily
- Latest Thai vocabulary and phrases for smartphones, social media and more
- Essential Thai expressions for meeting people, asking and answering simple questions, and starting up friendly conversations
- A pronunciation guide and grammar notes explaining the basic sounds and sentence patterns of the language
- New manga illustrations showing key phrases and situations
- Phrases for technology, WiFi, smartphones and social media
- A useful English-Thai dictionary so the right word and phrase is always at your fingertips!
- Travel tips, cultural notes and more--allowing you to interact with Thai speakers without making serious blunders.
Whether you're a total beginner or have some experience with the language, this is a reference you'll turn to again and again when visiting Thailand and interacting with Thai speakers.About the Author:Jintana Rattanakhemakorn
graduated from Chiang Mai University with a B.A. in Thai, and completed her M.A. in English at Khon Kaen University. She also holds a certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language from Seattle University College of Education. She taught Thai to U.S. college students at CIEE study abroad program in Khon Kaen, Thailand from 2004 to 2017, and developed curriculum, textbooks, teaching methods, materials, lesson plans, and activities used in all Thai language courses. Currently, she is teaching Thai to international students at ASEAN Language Center and also teaching English at International College, Khon Kaen University. She is the author of the Easy Thai: Learn to Speak Thai Quickly
and has revised Survival Thai Phrasebook, Instant Thai Phrasebook, Making Out in Thai
and the Pocket Thai Dictionary