The easy and accessible way to learn the Burmese writing system!
With this handy guide to the Burmese alphabet, you'll quickly learn how to read, write and pronounce Burmese letters as well as hundreds of useful words and phrases--no prior knowledge necessary!
Experienced language teachers and authors A Zun Mo and Angus Johnstone present consonants, vowels and tones, and words in a systematic, step-by-step approach. Start by tracing and copying individual letters before progressing to writing complete words and sentences. This interactive workbook includes:
- Free online audio recordings that teach you to pronounce all the sounds of Burmese correctly
- Fun exercises to help you learn a broad range of useful vocabulary--numbers, family and friends, Burmese foods, and more
- Mnemonic illustrations to help you memorize the sounds of letters
- Clearly structured lessons with ample opportunity for writing and reading practice
- A set of free downloadable flash cards
- A complete answer key for all the exercises
This resource is perfect for self-study learners, but can also be used for classroom instruction.About the Author:A Zun Mo
is the go-to Burmese-language teacher in the Yangon expat community, where she has been teaching all levels from beginners to advanced since 2013. As a gifted high-school student, fluent in English, she was selected by the government to study Russian at university. She now has a B.A. in Russian Language and Culture from Yangon University of Foreign Languages. She is the author of Essential Burmese: Phrasebook and Dictionary.Angus Johnstone
has worked as a teacher in Myanmar across a number of different settings from a social enterprise bakery to a government nursing university. His keen interest in the study of the Myanmar language continues to this day.