The perfect book for beginners to learn all the basics of Vietnamese! Reading & Writing Vietnamese
is an easy way to learn how to pronounce, read and write all the complicated sounds of Vietnamese--including the difficult-to-pronounce consonants, vowels and tones. It is specifically designed for beginners with no previous experience in studying or speaking the language.
This easy-to-use workbook has lessons teaching you how to pronounce each consonant and vowel sound correctly and how to distinguish the tones. It comes with free native-speaker audio recordings that allow you to practice hearing and speaking the sounds and basic vocabulary and phrases.
Author Tri C. Tran has over 20 years of experience as a Vietnamese language teacher and has designed a series of lessons that are perfect for beginners. The book includes:
- A basic introduction to all the sounds of the language and how to read and write them
- The system of Vietnamese tones--how to distinguish them and pronounce them correctly
- Free audio recordings by native speakers help you accurately pronounce Vietnamese
- Free downloadable flashcards to help you learn the Vietnamese alphabet and basic vocabulary
- Extensive exercises (including dialogues, listening drills, building sentences, fill-in-the blanks, readings, and multiple-choice)to reinforce each lesson
- Interesting cultural information on Vietnamese customs, pastimes, foods and everyday life
- An index of grammatical terms and a Vietnamese-English glossary
.About the Author:Tri C. Tran, PhD.
is a lecturer of Vietnamese at the University of California, Irvine. He has a Ph.D and a M.A. (Romance Linguistics and Literatures), and a B.A. (Spanish Linguistics) from UCLA. He also teaches Spanish and French language and linguistics, Romance linguistics, English as a Second Language and English Academic Writing. His publications include Vietnamese language texts and a bilingual dictionary for students of linguistics. He is the author of Vietnamese Stories for Language Learners.