The easy way to learn the Japanese writing system!
In this beginner's workbook, students of Japanese will learn to read and write the Hiragana and Katakana alphabets, as well as 50 basic Kanji characters. A step-by-step approach moves from tracing letters to reading and writing complete words quickly and effectively. This book gives you all the tools you need to learn to pronounce, read and write Japanese:
- A thorough overview of the hiragana and katakana alphabets.
- Audio recordings to improve your pronunciation and comprehension.
- A step-by-step approach to writing words and then sentences.
- Practice exercises featuring everyday activities and situations.
- An introduction to 50 key kanji characters.
- Free downloadable flash cards to aid memorization of the characters.
Instead of dealing with separate Hiragana and Katakana workbooks, as is common, this comprehensive guide provides an efficient way to learn both with the help of one book.About the Author:Eriko Sato
is Associate Professor of Japanese and translation studies at the State of University of New York at Stony Brook, where she is also the Director of the Japanese Teacher Education Program. She has authored and co-authored over a dozen books, including Japanese Stories for Language Learners, Essential Japanese Grammar,
and Learning Japanese Kanji.
She has also authored or co-authored Contemporary Japanese, Japanese Demystified, Japanese for Dummies, Complete Japanese Grammar, Japanese Phrases for Dummies, Basic Japanese,
and My First Japanese Kanji Book.