The Art of Shaolin Kung Fu is the ultimate guide to Kung Fu, from theory to practical application.
This unique martial arts book, by a renowned Grandmaster, is a complete and comprehensive introduction to Kung Fu and all other aspects of ancient Shaolin wisdom. You will learn the ancient art of the Shaolin monks from the famous Shaolin monastery. It will prove invaluable to everyone interested in martial arts, chi kung, and meditation, showing how Kung Fu and other Shaolin arts can bring you health, vitality, mental focus, and spiritual joy.
About the Author:Wong Kiew Kit
- What is Kung Fu?--Four Aspects of Kung Fu; The Importance of Force Training; Application for Combat and Daily Living; Kung Fu Philosophy for Deeper Understanding; The Benefits of Kung Fu
- The Historical Development of Chinese Martial Arts--Kung Fu in Prehistoric and Ancient Times; The Glorious Han and Tang; The Modern Period
- From Shaolin to Taijiquan--Shaolin Kung Fu; The Various Styles of Taijiquan; Soft and Hard, Internal and External
- A Comparative Study of Kung Fu--Contrasting Shaolin and Wudang Kung Fu; Xingyi Kung Fu and Taoist Concepts; Tanglangquan or Praying Mantis Kung Fu; The Spread of Southern Kung Fu
- Defining Aims and Objectives--Setting Aims for Kung Fu Training; Personal Objectives; Course Objectives
- The Foundation of Shaolin Kung Fu--Inheritance from Past Masters; Various Shaolin Hand Forms; Basic Shaolin Patterns
- From Form to Combat Application--The Four Directions of Attack; The Principles of Effective Combat; Specific Techniques Against Kicks
- Combat Sequences and Set Practice--Relieving Injuries Sustained in Sparring; Composing Your Own Kung Fu Sets
- Shaolin Five Animals--Understanding Characteristics and Essence; The Five-Animal Set; The Names of the Five-Animal Patterns
- Five-Animal Combination Set--How to Improve Combat Efficiency; Spacing and Timing in Combat
- The Internal Force of Shaolin Kung Fu--The Relationship Between Technique and Force; The Compassionate Art of Qin-Na; The Internal Force of Tiger Claw
- Tactics and Strategies--Using Continuous Attack Effectively; A Tactic to Distract Your Opponent; Selecting Strategies to Suit Particular Situations
- Classical Kung Fu Weapons--Staffs; Whips, Knives and Other Weapons; Light and Heavy Weapons
- Understanding and Developing Chi--The Various Genres of Chi Kung; Lohan Embracing Buddha; Abdominal Breathing
- Shaolin Kung Fu and Zen--Culitvating Heart, Nourishing Nature; Bodhidharma and Taoism in Zen
- The Shaolin Way to Enlightenment--Attaining a Focused Mind; Meditation to Train Awareness; Shaolin Kung Fu for Spiritual Development
has practiced and taught Shaolin kung fu, chi kung, and meditation for more than 30 years and has over 2,000 students. He is the fourth generation successor of monk Jiang Nan of the Shaolin Monastery and Grandmaster of Shaolin Wahnam Kung Fu and Chi Kung Institute. He is the author of several books on Eastern wisdom, including The Complete Book of Tai Chi Chuan
, also available from Tuttle Publishing.